Nim's Island

A site for readers of the book Nim's Island, by Wendy Orr

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Star Readers Review Nim's Island

Star Readers from Glenmore Park Public School - Local News - News - General - Penrith Star:

I love reading what kids have to say about my books. Here's a very well written review from Georgia in Yr 6:

"Nim’s Island is a fresh change from the usual children stories.

After her mother dies, Nim and her Father Jack sail around the world twice and discover a small deserted island. They make their home under a dormant volcano and Nim’s best friends on the island are a seal lion name Selkie, a marine iguana called Fred and a turtle named Chica."

She ends the very informative review with words to make any author smile:


"From the moment I picked it up I didn’t want to put it down. Anyone from 10 to 100 with a sense of adventure would love this book. I highly recommend it.
10/10 from me. Keep an eye out for NIM AY SEA if you loved this story"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home