Nim's Island

A site for readers of the book Nim's Island, by Wendy Orr

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

coconut pearls

People often ask me if coconut pearls are real. I first heard of them on this site: waynesword.palomar.edu/ww0901.htm, which I believe is associated with the botany department of Palomar College. When I was writing the book, in 1997, the article's author believed they were real; however, he now appears to have doubts.

However, Nim's Japanese translator kindly sent me this link this morning - it looks as if they are real after all! So you might want to start opening coconuts...

blogalicious!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Nim's Island but would never dream of finding a coconut pearl!

Liam

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home